We would like to inform you how we handle your personal data when you use this website. The legal basis for handling your personal data results from the necessity to handle them in order to provide the features requested by you on this website (Art. 6 (1)(b) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation), unless otherwise described in the following.
A. Use of this website
1. Accessing our website
In cases when you use our website for information purposes only (i.e. no registration and no other transmission of information is made) your browser will transmit certain data to our web server for technical reasons. This is done for the purpose of providing the information requested by you. To enable you to visit our website the following data are collected, stored for a short time and used:
- IP address
- Date and time of the inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the inquiry (specific page)
- Operating system and its access status / HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted
- Website from which the inquiry was made
- Browser, language and version of the browser software
To safeguard our legitimate interests, we will store these data for a limited period to be able to initiate the tracing of personal data in the event of any illegal access or attempted access to this server (Art. 6 (1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
a) What are cookies?
We use so-called “cookies" on this website. These are small text files which are stored on the memory of your end device by your browser. Cookies store certain information (e.g. your preferred language or page settings) which can be sent back to us by your browser if you visit the website again (depending on the lifetime of the cookies).
b) Which cookies do we use?
- Session cookies: We use so-called session cookies in order to recognize multiple use of an offer by the same user (e.g. if you have logged in to recognize your login status). When you visit the website again these cookies provide information to recognize you automatically. The information we gain this way helps us to optimize our offers and provide you with easier access to our website. When you close the browser or log out the session cookies are deleted.
- Persistent cookies: They are automatically deleted after a specified time, depending on the type of cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the safety settings of your browser.
- Third party cookies: You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and e.g. reject the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out, however, that you might then not be able to use all functions of this website. Read more about these cookies in the data protection policies of third party providers.
We differentiate between two categories of cookies: (1) function-related cookies without which the functionality of our website would be limited and (2) optional cookies for the purposes of website analysis and marketing. In the following table we describe the optional cookies used on this website in detail:
Cookies shall only be used with your previous consent (Art. 6 (1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation). When you visit our website for the first time a banner is displayed in which you are asked for your consent to the use of optional cookies. If you give your consent we save a cookie on your computer and the banner will not be shown again for the lifetime of the cookie. When the lifetime has expired or if you delete this cookie actively the banner will be displayed again when you visit our website the next time and you will be asked again for your consent.
3. Website analysis/Google Analytics
We have integrated the website analysis tool “Google Analytics” (Google Ireland Limited, registration no.: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website.
When you visit our website Google saves a cookie on your computer in order to analyse your use of our website. The data obtained is transmitted to the USA and stored there.
The information collected about your use of this website (e.g. referrer URL) is analysed there and the result is provided in anonymized form. If personal data are transferred to the USA Google’s certification according to the Privacy Shield Framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework) guarantees that European Data Protection Regulations are complied with.
We have activated the IP anonymization “anonymizeIP” with which only shortened IP addresses can be processed further. On this website your IP address will therefore be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or other states which are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities and to provide further services connected to the use of the website and the Internet use to the controller. In addition, we have activated the cross-device analysis of website visitors which is carried out via a so-called user ID. The IP address transmitted by your browser within Google Analytics will not be merged with other data by Google. The use of Google Analytics serves the purpose of analysing, optimizing and improving our website.
For further information about the use of data by Google Analytics please visit:
Objection and “Opt-out”:
You can generally prevent the storing of cookies on your hard drive by selection “Do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. However, this might result in restrictions of the functions of our website offers. In addition, you can prevent the collection of the data created by the cookie relating to your use of the website by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link:
You can deactivate the cross-device user analysis in your Google account under “My data>personal data”.
4. Use of your personal data
If you contact us by e-mail, post or fax, we will collect, process and use the information you have provided us only for the purpose of processing your specific request.
5. Google Maps
We have integrated maps by “Google Maps” (Google Ireland Limited, registration no.: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website. That way we can show you the location of addresses and a route direction directly on our website on interactive maps and enable you to use this tool.
If you go to the integrated Google Maps page on our website a connection with Google’s servers in the USA is established. Your IP address and location might be transferred to Google. Moreover, Google receives the information that you accessed this page. This is also done if you do not have a Google user account. If you are logged into your Google account Google can match the above data to your account. If you do not wish this data to be transmitted you need to log out of your Google account. Google creates user profiles from these data and uses these data for the purposes of advertising, market research or optimization of its websites.
Google is certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework) and therefore obliged to comply with European Data Protection Regulations.
B. Transmission of data for processing on our behalf
To process your data we partially use specialized service providers. Our service providers are selected carefully and are controlled regularly. They process personal data on our behalf and adhere strictly to our instructions based on the respective processor contracts.
C. Processing of data outside the EU/EEA
Your data are partially processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), where generally a lower level of data protection might apply than in Europe. In these cases we ensure, for example through contractual agreements with our contract partners, that a sufficient level of data protection is guaranteed for your data or we ask you for your explicit consent.
D. Information about your rights
You have the following rights based on the applicable data protection regulations:
- The right to information about the personal data we have stored about you;
- The right to rectification, erasure or restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- The right to objection against processing which is in our legitimate interest, in the public interest or serves profiling, unless we can prove that there are compelling and legitimate reasons for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority;
- If you have given your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data you may withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. For further information please refer to the respective sections above where data processing on the basis of your consent is described.
If you wish to use your rights, please address your request to the contact persons below.
Responsible authority in the sense of the Data Protection Regulations,
in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), is:
BOLDER Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG
Rheinische Allee 11
Represented by: Andreas Dittrich
F. Adaptation of the Data Protection Policy
We reserve the right to update this Data Protection Policy from time to time. Updates of this Data Protection Policy will be published on our website. Amendments shall take effect from the data of the publication on our website. We therefore recommend you to regularly visit this site to obtain information about possible updates.
Version: April 2019